What To Do When Your Plan Isn’t Creating Wealth- Jerry Fetta
I hear this from clients sometimes about their plans. They signed up to work with my team and I, we gave them access to the tools, created a plan, set goals, and it’s now time to execute. “The plan isn’t working”. The client isn’t seeing results. This doesn’t just happen with clients, this is happens to you too with your current plan. I’m going to share with you what I do with my clients when “the plan isn’t working” so that you can implement these steps in your own life today and begin building wealth.
1. Look around. What’s going on now? Go inspect the area. Find out where you are, what you’re doing, what you’re not doing, and really gain some clarity. Have you ever lost your car keys and ran around frantically looking for them just to find out you had them the whole time? This is the first step of the process. Many times this is a simple fix just by orienting with the current area. Financially this means looking at your current income, assets, liabilities, financial ratios, and other indicators. I’ve had times where after doing this, the person realized they the plan was indeed working and they just needed to stop and measure the progress.
2. What was the original goal? What did you set out to do in the first place? What were your goals? You see, in the daily hustle and grind of wealth building, it is easy to forget that you’re pursuing goals and those goals are inspiring. Now, if you don’t have goals to pursue and they aren’t inspiring to you that is indeed a different story. Set your goals and make sure you review them. Get inspired and find your purpose. You shouldn’t just be building wealth to build wealth. You should have a reason and something great you intend on doing with your wealth.
3. What are your targets? The goals are great, but without a plan in place to achieve them they aren’t real. You set targets initially. What are they? You see, targets are more challenging because they often involve work and accountability and if a person isn’t achieving the target it almost always means they are not putting in the work and staying accountable. At times when we aren’t achieving our targets, it’s easy to begin justifying it and making the target seem less important or even making sense of quitting. This is not time to quit or back down. This is time to get your head in the game. You need to get motivated again and maybe even a little pissed off so that you can go achieve your target!
4. Are you increasing that stat? Every action can be represented by a number and compared to an earlier number of the same kind. This is called a stat. I give all of my clients a stat. This stat will be something they hold themselves accountable to. If the stats are down, it means you didn’t do what you should have done or that you did do something you shouldn’t have done. It’s that simple. More times than not, if “the plan isn’t working” I can pinpoint where you haven’t kept your word to yourself relating to doing the right things and achieving your stats. This would be no different than climbing in a car, not turning it on or driving, and then saying “the car doesn’t work”. No the car works perfectly. You don’t work. You need to get your butt in gear and stop feeling sorry for yourself. That’s what I’d say to you. You know what you need to do. Go do it. Be ethical and do the right thing.
5. Are you willing to win? The final question you need to answer is the question of whether or not you even want to do this. You can pay money for a plan, put in the energy and excitement, and even hire a coach but if you don’ want to win and do what it takes then these things will not help you. In some cases, the plan isn’t working because you don’t want it to. This is because you still agree and sympathize with your current position. You use being broke as a crutch to avoid your fears and if you do this plan, your crutch will be gone. It’s that simple. Now this is not everyone, but I’ve seen many cases of it. Be honest with yourself and don’t commit to wealth if you don’t truly want to do it.
When the plan isn’t working it is time to double down, take a closer look, make some corrections, and get back to work. Are you looking for reasons to build wealth or reasons to not build wealth. If you want to build wealth, your job is to make the plan work. Because the truth is it doesn’t work without you. Now the reality is, my clients have the opportunity to get a phone call from me to walk them through this process when “the plan isn’t working”. The plan is math. The math works. Now it’s your turn. Let’s get to work! Click here if you’d like to become a client of Wealth DynamX today and get a plan that works!
Own Your Potential,
Grant Cardone Certified Coach
Jerry Fetta helps his clients build wealth so that they can eradicate poverty in their own lives and own their potential.
He believes scarcity and abundance cannot co-exist and that the way to end poverty is to help you build wealth.
You were not created to spend 40+ hours per week serving the 40-year-to-life sentence trading your precious time for money just to live in mediocrity.
However, the truth is that time and money must be exchanged. It just doesn’t need to be you making the exchange.
Jerry helps his clients create wealth that exchanges time and money on their behalf. The only way to do this is to make more money, keep it, and then multiply it.
His clients see a 30% increase in income, a guaranteed increase in savings rate, and 8-12% fixed annual returns on their assets in the 1st 90 days of working with him.
To get started, go to www.WealthDynamX.com/potential