Virtuity – Are You Looking For More Fulfillment
Do you ever think….There has to be a better way…!
The other day, I had a conversation with one of my mentors, and he asked, ‘What are the challenges or objections people give you when you are discussing business?’ There a few staples people always say; ‘I don’t have enough time.’ ‘I need to make more money.’ The one I find the most interesting is ‘I make enough money, but somehow I wish I could make more of a difference for others…I just wish I felt more fulfilled in my career.’
The feeling of fulfillment in your life can be hard to achieve if you are living a life you did not want or if you fell into a situation and now you don’t have a way out. So many of us thought when we got out of high school or college or got our first job that you knew pretty much how life would turn out. Somehow, your life changes…a job loss, a relationship begins or ends, an injury, an ill family member, and emergency, the birth of a child, a tragedy or perhaps simply you changed your mind about your direction and all of a sudden you find yourself in a different place.
We can go on for years with a certain routine without ever asking ourselves the question..Am I happy? Unfortunately, for so many people out there the answer to that question is ‘no.’ What do you do then? It is unlikely you can change your situation overnight, but you can always change how you approach your life or even more important; what meaning do you attach to the situation you are in currently? Here are a few ideas to stay focused on making sure you feel fulfilled in life.
- Stick to Your Values – Learn to honor your beliefs. If something does not feel right to you, you will need to make changes. Be open to change. This can be a difficult thing, but there is nothing worse than looking back on life and realizing you wasted or lost too much of your time.
- Focus on the Positive – Take a step back and reflect on what does make you happy about your life. Surround yourself with people who are uplifting and make you feel good.
- Objective reality – set aside time to look at what is a definite in your life and what can be changed. Don’t do an engine overhaul on your life if some things are working and you might just need a tune up
- Visualize what you truly want – This is literally the ONLY way to get what you want out of life. If you put your energy on anything long enough and with intensity, you can make it your reality. Success is about the ability to shift your focus to what you must to move forward instantaneously.
- Listen to Yourself – You are the one who has the answers. In order to find out what makes you feel fulfilled, ask yourself, when I feel the most energy and excitement, what am I doing in that moment? Once you figure that out, find a way to incorporate that into your daily life. Sometimes, it takes getting away from everything and getting the chance to literally hear nothing but your thoughts, to truly recognize what you want or need in life.
- You are Responsible – It’s often easy to blame others for what you do not have, but ultimately you decide what your life will look like. Take ownership of your circumstances and understand you have the power to change them at any time.
Happiness and fulfillment are reachable, but sometimes we do not see it. One of the best ways I was able to gain more clarity, was to find a mentor who would ask me the tough questions I was not asking myself. Over the years, we have mentored and coached people on how to truly find their why in life and it has led to exponential success.
If you are looking for more fulfillment or someone to mentor you and need help with the tough questions, reach out through the method below. Be on the lookout for my new site through Virtuity.
Written by Gillian Giorgio