There are 80 million Millennials out there and no, not all are lazy and entitled. There are plenty who want true freedom, prefer entrepreneurship to the 9 to 5 grind and are hungry for mentors who give them the real deal.
Grant Cardone and his millennial protégé, Jarrod Glandt target the under 35 crowd with the tips and insights they need to succeed in any economic climate. Between the loose laid back banter and the frequent references to Jay Z, Kanye, Led Zeppelin music and other pop culture millennial viewers consider Grant their “millennial mentor” and can’t get enough of Grant and Jarrod’s straight up no BS advice.
Find a way to shorten the on-ramp to your dreams.
Today we’re talking about why you suck at your job. Most people think, “I’m okay at my job,” but the reality is you suck at your job and likely fall into one of these categories.
Groups of Workers That Suck at Their Job:
1. You Suck: You’re underperforming, missing your targets; constantly making excuses, constantly changing jobs
2. Average Zone: People who are in the middle, average levels of activity
3. Top Producer: Constantly operating at less than your potential, but higher than those around you, so you get comfortable
The One Group That Doesn’t Suck:
4. The Unicorns: You have an insatiable appetite for success. You understand your potential and you are in an all out sprint, all the time.
Steve Jobs, Bob Duggan, Grant Cardone… they are unicorns. When these people tell others their dreams, those who hear them think they are crazy. That’s what you want.
Jarrod realizes he is in the “Suck” category because he knows he has a higher potential than what he works to every day. He knows he wants to be on like a light bulb, pushing all the time, and learning everything he can from Grant Cardone.
How do you go from $0.80/share to $80/share?
Bob Duggan says, “You have to work backwards from where you want to be. You have to break everything down into little chunks. And then focus attention and intention into a little chunk.”
When someone asks you what your goals are, you must not hesitate with your answer.
Tips to Not Suck:
1. Understand that everyone sucks, except the unicorns
2. Write down your dream income and act like you earn it today
3. Work like you have your dream job
4. You have to sit down and have that uncomfortable conversation with yourself