No Negativity Allowed Here!
I often tell people that service is senior and what I mean is that serving is the ingredient necessary for someone to know they are being taken care of, not being taken advantage of. Concern yourself with your customer, not your paycheck. Be interested in them, not interested in you. This service thing has to be genuine and it requires that you trust that if you give enough it will pay off.
If you feel like you don’t get results from serving then you haven’t stayed with it long enough, you’ve come up just short of serving, you aren’t genuine in the service, and you quit being interested in serving.
It’s been said that to be a master you first must be a master at being a servant. People don’t want to be sold, they want to be serviced. Service is an action word. Service means to be useful or of some value or assistance to another. You shouldn’t have to tell a customer that you want to be of service to them. Your actions should speak for themselves. When you are serving, the selling will take care of itself.
When you are being of service to a customer, you must be positive. Having a great attitude is a prerequisite to serving. It’s so critical I include it as one of the selling steps, as the step that begins before you meet the customer. The only reason someone will buy from you if you don’t have a great attitude is for price. If you want to ensure getting the lowest price, have a negative or neutral attitude.
You need service in your heart. Dress professional and carry yourself like a winner. You have to make a decision to have that. Your attitude determines how far you will go in life. Serve the customer, and to get the highest price—have a great attitude doing it.
Here are some tips to help you have the best attitude you can, stay positive, and best serve your customers day in and day out:
- Write your goals daily so that all your attention is on the things you want.
- Work out every day. Move your body. It might be 30 minutes or even only 10 minutes so long as you get your body moving. Moving in the direction of health helps you feel positive. Listen to positive information during your workout.
- Finish things left undone. That stack of paper on your desk, the mail you haven’t sent out yet, the bill that you owe—these things kill you because it locks your attention up. It makes you feel like you don’t accomplish things—because you aren’t.
- Create an attitude book where you write positive things. Don’t write about your problems and why you are unhappy.
- Check in with yourself from time to time and see how positive you are on a scale of 1-10.
- Treat everyone with a great attitude. Go out of your way to help somebody else. It feels good to contribute.
- Find ways to say no positively. Most people say things like, “I can’t do that”, “It’s impossible,” etc. but can you make these more positive?
- Deliver bad news positively. If you’re $50,000 down on a proposal you can say with hope, “We’re so close—we are already half way there”. Start thinking about how negative things in your life have actually produced something positive. We’ve all had bad stuff happen to us where we can later look back and see some good from it.
- Make a gratitude list. Put a sign up in your office or store and ban negativity. A bad attitude in life will cost you millions.
You need to be a positive person to best serve your customers. Service is senior!
If you need more guidance, I have my Top 9 training programs at 90% OFF for a Limited Time. Find the perfect one for you and use promo code OBSESSED here.