Jim Rohn was wrong—You are not the average of the 5 people around you—here’s why
Many many years ago, Jim Rohn said you are the average of the five people you spend the most time with. The truth is, that isn’t true. The 5 people I spend the most time with are my two little girls, my wife, and my staff. According to Jim Rohn, my net worth should be going backward but it isn’t. It’s not about the people around you if you’re taking the right amount of actions.
A more accurate quote is, “You are the average of the 5 actions you take every day.” Are you drinking coke, slamming burgers, watching TV, scrolling your Facebook news feed at work, and putting off projects that need to be done? Or are you consistently doing positive, healthy actions day in and day out?
Most people take average amounts of actions. That’s why you see everyone performing at average levels and many people are miserable and at-risk. Average marriages, average grades, average income, average investment returns, average attitudes, average business… average sucks. And it’s all because of the actions people take every day.
So-called “normal” people get up every day, go to work, do what’s asked of them, leave promptly at 5, and return home to sit on the couch and watch TV. Society tells us that this is what it means to lead a balanced life. “Don’t stress too much or work too hard” or “Your career isn’t everything”.
Here are the 5 actions I’m taking TODAY:
1) I woke up early, spent some time with my daughters, ate a good breakfast and got my day off to the right start. Plus I posted across Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook and other social media.
2) I came to work, gave my staff a morning sales meeting, and pre-recorded my Be Obsessed or Be Average book review for tomorrow since I’ll be out of the office.
3) I did a live studio show with Captain Ryan on Real Estate Made Simple on my TV network. Every Monday at noon EST I do this live show from my studios in Miami Beach.
4) I’m flying to Las Vegas this afternoon with Daymond John. While there I’m going to stop in and meet with some new clients on Cardone University.
5) I’ll be constantly checking up on my sales team and make a few calls myself. I also will look at some more deals that my real estate team brings me.
What are 5 actions you are taking today to secure your future and your freedom? Remember you are the average of the 5 ACTIONS you take today. Are you getting things done or only dreaming? You’ll never get back Monday, December 5, 2016, again. This is the only 24 hours you have for this day and then it’s gone, plus it’s already half over where I’m at.
When you start operating at the massive levels of actions, your mind-set will shift and so will your results. A routine day will become a thing of the past. Make a commitment to taking massive action until one day it is no longer an unusual activity but a habit for you.
People tell me, “You never quit, do you?” That’s what you want to hear.
What will people tell you today? If you haven’t read it yet, check out The 10X Rule, it’s been a best-selling audio book for over 3 years running. My most recent book is Be Obsessed or Be Average which has been at the top of Amazon for nearly 2 months now.
P.S. My deal of the day today is How to Make Millions on the Phone