How to Resolve Conflict
In this Show
Grant Cardone talks about how to resolve conflict with his Wife Elena Cardone on G&E show First the question is why am I doing this weekly show on relationships. But let me explain my relationship with Wifey and my kids, my family is the most important businesss I am running…
Why have success in business and not have it at home…
And its tough to be on all day and then say — ahhh turn it off… I share every problem I have with my wife
Most trusted sounded board
And Elena and I are working on a number of other projects together that puts us working together. And that is a whole different kind of relationship. We have now joined the status as the Go To couple for advice. I received an email from a gal that works with her husband and they fight a lot at work. She gets angry at him and the last thing she feels like doing is talking to him at night when they go home. She does her thing, he does his etc.
The marriage is suffering but they can’t not work together, they work together. She writes that she is desperate for help. What do I do Elena?
So now that I am the uncertified expert I wrote her back and I will tell you what I told her and then you tell me what you would have said. I just looked at what we do.
1) When I do this with GRANT —– I go on and on and about from minor ot more significant terrible or slightly terrible errors he makes everyday
Then I remind myself that never helps me….
Criticizing him does not make me feel better.
I told her to do what I do – I look at what I can change —- I need to do the changing not him. I find one thing I am doing that I am not ok with
2) Knock it off and quit acting like a little bitch —-
3) Make a list of at least 5 things that she likes/loves about him and remained focused on those!
4) Start paying attention to the things I like about him not the things I don’t. (Whats my score)
· You are responsible for everything that happens to you….only thing you can control is the thing you are willing to control
· Change what are you doing that is not optimal
· Re-establish fondness for the other · Give Give Give is always GRANTs first rule · Relationships are complicated. · They need to be worked on over and over. · What you did yesterday won’t create tomorrow. · In relationships you are either making deposits or making withdrawals.
The main thing is to get on same page with goals and objectives and to not get so wrapped up in smaller issues.
Then you can get to a point where you can talk business 24/7 cuz you are teammates again.