How to Get Overpaid Like a CEO
CEO Salaries Inequality or Opportunity?
Grant Cardone, NY Times bestselling author, self made multimillionaire entrepreneur, international sales master and motivator in business and life offers insights and advice each week on the Cardone Zone, a show that helps people better their careers, businesses and finances so they can create true freedom in their lives.
In this episode, Grant Cardone talks about CEO salaries and how according to an article in The Wall Street Journal, CEO’s make 300x’s the amount of the ‘typical employee.’ Grant asks if CEO salaries represent inequality or opportunity. The average CEO salary was 11.4 million in 2013 according to an article in Business Insider. Grant’s perspective is that people shouldn’t resent those who achieved success. Grant explains he knew he’d never be a CEO of a major corporation and it wasn’t something he wanted to do. His advice is to focus less on what others are earning and doing but instead focus on getting more income and build your own freedom. He offers these 5 Steps:
1. Find the right performance based position or create one yourself as an entrepreneur.
2. Get with an emerging business, something on a growth track.
3. Get close to the power, the people making the decisions and reinvesting in their businesses.
4. Add value to the organization. Find ways to bring in more revenue.
5. Have a set target for how much you want to earn.