Democrat, Republican… or Entrepreneur?
What each politician is selling:
- Hillary Clinton: She’s selling the other guys are bad.
- Donald Trump: He’s selling that he’s the only one who can make America great again.
- Ted Cruz: He’s selling he’s the only true conservative.
- John Kasich: He’s selling he’s the only sane person in the store.
- Bernie Sanders: He’s selling everything is free.
I spoke about this today on The Jimmy Cefalo Show on WIOD.
You see, it’s simple, they all are selling you on an idea. The important thing to know is what message are you buying? Whatever pitch works for you, we can all learn something about selling from these politicians.
1. Show up: Learn to commit first, and figure out how to do it later. Most people simply never bother to perform and instead spend their time trying to wrap their heads around things that may never happen for them.
Donald says he will build a wall. He doesn’t go into details about how, and he doesn’t need to. He’s committing first and showing up, and that’s what all successful people learn to do. And if he doesn’t show up to debates, no one has any interest in them. He commands the attention of the media and the people because he is pitching what they are buying.
2. Keep it simple: You know Trump’s message because a 4th grader can understand it. Make America great again. Repeat that message hundreds of times and it starts to stick. He doesn’t use big words and complexities, and neither should you.
3. Focus on your message: We know what each politician is selling because they are able to focus on what they sell to you. If you don’t know what your focus is you will never sell—and if a politician doesn’t know their message, they will never get elected. Focus on exactly what the message is to people so they can clearly understand what they are buying into.
Above all of these tips, the biggest thing a politician—or anyone who is selling—needs is attention. Attention is king, and it’s the first step in selling. Grabbing attention is vital for products and services to get known. If people don’t know you they can’t buy from you. If I could have lunch with any of the above politicians I’d have it with Trump. I would want to ask him what mistakes he’s made with getting attention. Attention is the thing that is getting him what he needs. This is why Mitt Romney failed.
Great products fail because of no attention.
You can’t be the president if half the people don’t hate you. Attention is what you need today to get your message across!
Now that I have your attention, I want to give you my message:
You must commit to yourself, to skilling up, to investing in your growth and to ensuring your family’s success—do not depend on the government or politicians to fix it for you.
I designed Cardone University to help anyone, in any market, to learn how to earn what they want, dominate the space, and become a massive success. Learn more about the 1500+ on-demand videos here.