Tim Clark- 5 COMMON SOFTWARE PROBLEMS
Let’s review some of the most common software complaints.
- Data becomes lost or corrupted. Simply put, you place data into the software program and then it’s gone, or doesn’t cross into the proper formats. Another issue would be improper co
- Legacy software no longer operating on modern computers- This would be considered obsolete software, which is software that no longer works due to new hardware or support software changes. When this problem occurs, you have the option to just not update the software, but this only works for the short term which may be where some of you are in your business software. This leaves you with limited options and you may to need think about solving some of these problems with new or recycled software. Nikos Computer Engineering can give you a free consultation and assess this problem to provide solutions.
- Software no longer able to handle production data- Your business has grown! That’s a good thing right. Yet, your software may not be able to keep up with it. This can cause problems like processing transactions higher than a certain number for which your software can not. Like 10 billion. As well as dates that exceed the software capability dates. In this case, your company has outgrown your software, and you need it updated or possibly rebuilt. We can do that for you.
- Performance- One of the biggest complaints about software is quite simply the performance. This can include slow system response times and transaction throughput rates. This also includes data being given to you that is confusing or misleading. This problem can create large mistakes that may cost you a lot of money and time. Then there is software that is difficult to use. When you are using off the shelf software that was not built custom for your business needs, chances are you had to spend time learning how to use that system and it may not have made sense to you and your business flow. Software is something you will be using daily; make it your own, and the way you suites your business needs best.
- Inability to duplicate your software programs- You have heard and can see for yourself the marketplace is becoming global. If you are taking your business on the road, or working remotely for one reason or another, you will need to take your software with you. Many complaints recently are revolved around the software not being available to representatives in the field. Another thought around this is having an idea for a program that you may be able to sell to other businesses in your marketplace. These systems need to be custom made, and duplicable.
Tim Clark is the founder of Nikos Computer Engineering and is a Certified Amazon Web Services Developer and Solutions Architect. Nikos utilizes AWS to develop software solutions for small businesses using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Natural Language Understanding. To learn more and to get started visit http://nikosce.com .