100 Takeaways from the Biggest Entrepreneurial Event of 2017
Last month 10X GrowthCon 2017 took place and it was the biggest and best entrepreneurial event of the year. There was so much content I wanted to put together a list of some lessons from the weekend that we can all apply to our lives to have more success. It’s difficult to do just a top ten list, so I decided to 10X and do 100 takeaways—in no particular order—from 10X GrowthCon 2017:
1. If customers aren’t leaving great reviews on social media, you’ve failed to engage them.
2. There is no one key to success, it’s a combination of things.
3. Digital disruption is changing everything—TV is down and mobile video is up.
4. Time is either wasted or invested.
5. If you want a million dollars, solve a million problems.
6. Your lack of resources is your #1 advantage over your competitors.
7. Never stop going for your goals—go hard for 90 days, look up, and start a new 90 days.
8. Analysis paralysis is the #1 mistake in business.
9. Timing will never be perfect, just do it.
10. If you create a crazy over the top customer experience, you will create loyalty and scale.
11. Life is a series of mentors.
12. The things we repeat to ourselves are the things that manifest.
13. Don’t make suggestions, make decisions.
14. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
15. To craft the perfect pitch you need to make an irresistible offer.
16. If someone works in your organization and they don’t want to train daily, kick them out.
17. To raise your profile and build your brand, develop yourself as an authority.
18. To make $1 million a year in “normal” business hours, you must earn $8.27 a minute.
19. In business, culture is your foundation and it must support your vision.
20. You can never out-earn your self-esteem.
21. Know your value or the world will never reward you for it.
22. Satisfied customers are 1 step away from being pissed off—you must always wow them.
23. Think like you’re broke and you will be more equipped to win.
24. The whole theory of needing money to make money is completely wrong.
25. Put yourself in 2-5 words to brand yourself.
26. Entrepreneurs only need health, desire, and common sense.
27. You will never sell to your potential if you never define your verticals.
28. There is a big difference between being busy and being productive.
29. If you want success, all you need to do is model those who have already succeeded.
30. Every overnight success takes 15 years to accomplish.
31. Your minutes are non-refundable.
32. Associate with people performing at the level you want to be at.
33. Be the voice of change.
34. If you have a team that has to be forced into stuff, then you have the wrong team.
35. What you do every day determines your worth.
36. You are either getting better or you’re getting worse, staying the same is getting worse.
37. It is not a sprint, it is a marathon, but the people that win the marathon are sprinting.
38. A leader cannot delegate culture.
39. Go harder when everyone else has had enough.
40. If you want a thing bad enough, go out and fight for it.
41. Move through mistakes to get to your moment of brilliance.
42. Before anyone accomplished anything, somebody had to take a chance.
43. You need people to push you up, if you are the only cheerleader in the room it won’t work.
44. You are building an empire, it’s either one of affluence or poverty.
45. Your reputation precedes you before you walk into a room.
46. Don’t allow someone else to set your goals.
47. You can always make more money, but time is your greatest currency.
48. Sell value, not price.
49. If you want spectacular people, it starts with you being spectacular.
50. Nothing is going to change unless you change your mindset.
51. Connect with other power players through collaboration.
52. Set clear expectations and performance standards in your company.
53. “Trying” is a failing formula. You need x number of sales or x number of appointments, period.
54. Whatever business you are in you are in the business of people.
55. People buy from their friends.
56. Never stop growing or learning because if you stop one, you stop both.
57. You become what you think about most of the time.
58. Don’t let fear of downside hold you back.
59. If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him.
60. Do something with your success and contribute to something bigger than you.
61. You can’t help others if you can’t help yourself.
62. To increase sales, first mark your territory.
63. If you’re going to have an empire, decide who’s included and who’s excluded.
64. Don’t think about how to spend time but rather maximize time.
65. Eliminate team members who can’t perform their job to your standards.
66. Gender and ethnicity are inherited; wealth is something you go get.
67. You need to be shaping your buyer’s journey with insights weekly.
68. Stop believing that you are entitled to anything.
69. Culture dictates behavior, which in turn determines results.
70. Never be mediocre, because that means you are average, ordinary, and not outstanding.
71. Your worth is priceless.
72. Those who don’t like or want control are the ones with the control problem.
73. Don’t wait to be given responsibility or promoted to a leadership position to exert control.
74. People don’t cost money; not growing your business costs money.
75. Never be moderate or conservative when selling, marketing, or branding.
76. Don’t let your success be compromised by your need to be liked by everyone.
77. Never take advice from a quitter.
78. Stop allowing people to tell you how well you are doing when you know you can do more.
79. There’s no shortage of money in this world.
80. Everything in life is a sale and everything you want is a commission.
81. Companies thrive on the basis of the stories they tell.
82. If you have a setback, you cannot be a pessimist and make a comeback.
83. Refuse to settle and create your future.
84. If you don’t educate yourself, you’ll spend all your money making foolish decisions.
85. The ultimate value-add is you.
86. Everything you’ve ever accomplished started with a ‘first time.’
87. If you’re going to over promise, you better over deliver.
88. If you commit to an investment you better see a future that others cannot yet see.
89. If you don’t have clarity on what your value-add is, then no one else will either.
90. Get obsessed with exploiting every weakness of your competition.
91. If you don’t know why you will never learn how.
92. It takes more than just hustle to make it big—you need skills.
93. Breaking even is losing.
94. If you don’t understand millennials, you are missing out on a massive opportunity.
95. You can be in sales over 30 years and you still have to update your pitch.
96. No matter how high your target, you’ll look back and realize you could have done more.
97. When others tell you that you can’t, go out and conquer.
98. Being around others at or above your level takes you higher.
99. 10X is the only way to live.
100. 10X is not an education or a gift, it’s a discipline.
I could 10X this and do a list of 1,000, but I’d rather you grab your access to the 10X Growth Con Keynote Video Series and gather the ones you like best. If you don’t want to miss this massive event in 2018, I’m selling tickets now at the lowest price they will ever be. We will have another amazing line-up and another weekend filled with MASSIVE advice. I learned so much from 2017 that it’ll take me until next year to share it all with you. It will be in Miami and it will be in March 2018. Get your tickets now before the price goes up!
If you’re looking to…
- Grow and Scale Your Business to 10X Levels
- Create Multiple Flows of Income
- Become a Celebrity In Your Space
- Increase Sales and Margins
- Build a Real Business
- Hire and Keep Great People
- Create Confidence
- Find Investors
…then get in now for 2018 with early bird pricing. Tickets for the event will never be cheaper than they are right now.
If you have takeaways to add, put them in the comments below, I’d love to see them.