In this episode, Grant begins the show talking about how according to Bankrate.com, 76% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. Fewer than 1/4 Americans have enough money in their savings account to cover at least six months of expenses, enough to help cushion the blow of a job loss, medical emergency or some other unexpected event, according to the survey of 1,000 adults. 50% of those surveyed have less than a three-month cushion and 27% had no savings at all.
These numbers are scary which is why people must be looking for more sales instead of missing sales. If you’re tired of missing sales this is the episode to tune into. Grant explains that:
• Anyone can learn to sell and anyone can sell more.
• The economy is improving — the opportunity is out there.
• You are missing deals and opportunities.
• You need more money
• Excuses wont make you money nor pay the bills.
• Sales is the only way to grow your business and finances.
• Most companies have terrible conversion rates.
Grant points out that successful companies and people do two interesting things:
1) figure out what their competition won’t do
2) look at what they can control
He pinpoints top mistakes of sales organizations:
1) Fundamentals are missing
2) Mistake – Sales Approach hasn’t kept up with Technology
3) Mistake – People are not properly motivated.